Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Life's Five: Intro

A couple of months ago I was thinking about things I'd like to remember about my life each day. I realized my brain and my heart wanted to hold onto a lot of my day but unless it was written down it would just fade away. I know that I HAVE to write things down to REALLY remember them. I'm a Myers-Briggs ENFJ. That "F" apparently means I'm a "Feeler" not a thinker, which is why I'm not an ENTJ. So don't ask me to quote verbatim what I read in the newspaper, or to properly relay a punchline of a joke. I only remember how something made me feel: e. n. F. j.


Example conversation with my husband at the end of the day:

Him: Did you read that article about the government?
Me: Yes!
Him: What did you think about it?
Me: I'm mad.
Him: About what, specifically?
Me: I have no idea.


I don't know why my brain works the way it does. I think I need to start playing ping pong. Apparently, ping pong sharpens retention. (I don't know how I remembered that because it's not written down anywhere.) Anyway, I wanted the significant things of my day to be in a format I could easily document and/or share with others. A blog seems to be a good opportunity to do that. So below is an introduction to my List of L's or "Life's Five" which is the name of this blog. I hope to enter my Five L's everyday, as a challenge to myself and to others to really pay attention to what messages, people, signals are coming our way. Life tells you a lot if you just listen.


And, well, write it down.


So here's a little introduction to "Life's Five":


1) LIVE
Things that make me want to challenge myself to really LIVE. Doing something I'm afraid of or trying something new...or maybe just reflection on life in general.


2) LAUGH
Things that make me LAUGH out loud or even just grin a little. Stifling laughter in church, a joke, a Dilbert cartoon, etc....


3) LEARN
Things I want to LEARN or LEARNED that day. I'm over the math thing. Maybe astronomy...


4) LIKE
Things I like. A Trader Joe's product, an advert, a restaurant, a photographer or bakery, a link. (This will probably be mostly about food.)


5) LOVE
Things I am crazy about: A poem, a quote, someone's story, a song, something that moves me, a friend...


I look forward to challenging myself and remembering it with you here at "Live, Laugh, Learn, Like, Love" aka Life's Five.


Be good. Be blessed. And please...write it down.

1 comment:

  1. Okay did you write that opening section for me? I HATE flying!!! Blech. Love the blog idea and look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete