Friday, September 4, 2009

Life's Five: Entry 1

Before I share today's list, I would like to give a big shout out to my 1 Follower. Thanks for your commitment and for taking a chance on me. Ha ha! :D


Enjoy today's entry, and don't forget: you too can copy this or a similar format for your own life.


Live. This week, to kick off the celebration of my new blog, I took a risk and emailed two writers I am wild about--Dave Barry and Danielle LaPorte--to let them know how much I appreciate their craft. To my delight, they both emailed me back. Find their links here on my blog. You might discover that you like them too. Is there a mentor or someone you admire that you can connect with? It makes your life a lot more fun and hopefully gives them a little encouragement too.


Laugh. A conversation with my 3 year-old daughter made me chuckle and also realize how simple life should or can be:


Me: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
Her: Ummm. I don't know. 
*pause*
Her: I'd buy candy.


Learn. Someone just told me he/she believes the world is going to end in 2012. This was news to me, but I realize that God can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Someone said in response to this possibility: "If you really think the world is going to end in 2012, now is a great time to take out a 30-year mortgage."


Like. I attended a party this week where everyone was expected to bring a dish. One gal brought brownies. Most people bring box brownies, but these brownies had never seen the sides of a cardboard box. After a little probing I discovered the recipe came from The Joy of Cooking. If you're a brownie lover, try the recipe. If you don't have this cookbook, go get it. And while you're out buying the cookbook, be sure to pick up a pound of butter. You'll be needing that too.


Love. A good friend said to me yesterday, "Love the life you're in." It reminded me of the song, "Love The One You're With." Both messages are great reminders to be content where you are, to enjoy the good people in your life, and to make the most of what you have.


Be good. Be blessed. And please...write it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment