Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Life's Five: Entry 18

Live. Hot chocolate by the fire is one of my favorite activities. Add friends, a movie or a book to the mix, and I'm in heaven. I like mine with whipped cream but marshmallows will do in a pinch. Since I mentioned "pinch" I can tell you I've definitely felt pinched for time lately. Now only a few weeks away from our move to NYC, I believe there will be quite a shift here at Life's Five. I expect to be blogging a lot more often. I'm sure I'll want to share all my new excitement with you once the crazy dies down. Maybe you'll come see me over the winter months and we can share the fun over that nice cup of hot chocolate I mentioned. Check out the top NYC places we could go for cocoa, listed in one of my favorite blogs today: Top Spots for Hot Chocolate in NYC 

Laugh. Yesterday morning my sick daughter, having had fever the entire night before, decided to let me find her in her room playing dead with her eyes wide open. I did not find it funny because I didn't even know she knew that game. I freaked, especially when she continued to lie still for a few seconds after I freaked. When she decided to snap out of the dead-deer-in-the-road-look, her expression turned into a smile. I was relieved she felt good enough to play a prank, but then I had to ask her, "Why would you do that?!" She said, "Because I thought it would be funny!" I gave her a tickle and laughed along with her...after I told her to NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. 

Learn. Never buy energy-saving Christmas lights unless your theme is "Nightmare Before Christmas."

Like. I'm just now sorting out the "Listmania" stuff at Amazon.com. I made my first list of recommended items on there today. Admittedly, one item hardly makes a list, but I think it's a pretty cool item. I hope our nephew likes it too. Since I'm posting it on my blog, it's good that he can't read yet. Well, even if he could read, I'm pretty sure I have no 5-year old male readers in my visiting demographic. For that matter, I'm not sure I have any readers in my visiting demographic. :p Stuff I Found That You Might Like

Love. I adore the Christmas season, the true meaning of Christmas, the lights, the friends, the cooking. I just absolutely love, love, love this time of year. In the midst of all the schedules, parties, deadlines, cleaning, and wrapping, I hope you will find time to sit by the fire with your family. Drink a hot cup of cocoa. Read a Christmas story to your kids. Pet the dog. Kiss your man or kiss your girl. And just let the pine needles drop from the tree to the floor and STAY THERE. You can get them tomorrow. Suck out every drop of goodness from this delicious month and you will be better for it in the new year.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Louise! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful, magical, marshmallow-topped kind of holiday! Miss you & hope to see you soon. xoxo Thelma

    ReplyDelete