Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life's Five: Entry 9

Live. A group of women come together in a stunning NYC apartment on a sparkling Saturday morning to share, listen, learn, and support each other. There is a collision. There are sparks. It is beautiful. The women feel more alive after plugging into each other's energy, dreams, and challenges. They are grateful to Danielle LaPorte of whitehottruth.com for her gifted insight and for bringing them all together. The best part is...the story didn't end there.


Laugh.
3-year-old Daughter: Can I eat breakfast with the Barbie spoon?
Me: I don't think we have a Barbie spoon. What does it look like?
3-year-old Daughter: It has Barbies on it.
Me: Right. 


Learn. I learn a lot from my friends. If you're not learning anything from your friends, you need to get some new ones. Today, I'm honored to share with you three new friends who also happen to be creative giants by the way:


Like. I like dreams. I'm really into them actually. I sometimes have dreams that warn me of impending danger or reveal a truth. I believe God wants to speak to us through dreams but I don't believe all dreams are from Him. For instance, last night I dreamed BeyoncĂ© and Jay Z got married in my backyard. No one told me about the wedding until all the guests arrived. Guests like the Backstreet Boys and the Pope. When I saw the guests under the oak tree in the backyard, I ran inside to clean the house. A huge downpour came and forced 100 guests into my house. I gave up on tidying up and went to my bedroom to chill. That's when BeyoncĂ© appeared. She walked into my bedroom and we chatted like old friends. She showed me one of her booty dances and then rejoined the wedding party. (That girl is in really good shape.) I have no idea why this party was at my house. And I don't know why the Pope was there, but he was there and he was very tired. By the time he showed up in my dream I was sitting on the couch watching everybody throw beer bottles on the floor. I looked over and there was the Pope sitting on the other end of the couch falling asleep. My good friend Scot was walking around with a Radio Shack camera (do they even make cameras?) taking pictures of people. He wanted to take a pic of the Pope falling asleep on the couch but instead of asking the Pope for permission, he intentionally dropped the camera on the Pope to wake him up. The Pope didn't like that very much and wouldn't let Scot take a picture after that. I suggested to the Pope that he move to my bedroom to get some better rest. And that was pretty much the end of the dream. I'm thinking...when a dream invites the Pope into your bedroom...it's probably time to wake up anyway.

Love.
I am free to announce that we are moving to NYC soon. I love that we are getting a new opportunity, but I don't love telling all my friends here in Philadelphia that we are leaving. We have had plenty of experience with moving around so we're used to it and actually enjoy going to a new place. It's not fun if you're the ones left behind, though, and I realize that. Likewise, I share with my friends that "The going is easy. It's the leaving that's hard." But I look forward to many sleepovers and shopping weekends and cultural escapades with our visitors. We are already planning for your stay: http://www.cb2.com/family.aspx?c=102&f=4680


Be good. Be blessed. And please...write it down.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this mention, Paulette! So glad that you're coming to NYC (hooray!) to continue the love with us.

    You GOTTA find out what that dream means, BTW...besides it just being totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulette - you are AMAZING!! I feel so lucky that we got to meet through Danielle and I can't wait for that coffee date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thank you ladies! Cannot wait to see you both again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey yo, what did I tell you about smoking that stuff??

    ReplyDelete